Marsh Finance Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What We Collect
We may collect/hold the following information:
- Information that you provide when you visit www.marshfinance.com, use any of our online services
- Information that you provide to our affiliates where you have consented to that information being passed to us.
- Information that you provide when you contact us by email or SMS.
- Information that we collect about you from documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register, or from third parties such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- Information you provide if you report a problem with www.marshfinance.com or if you contact us and request assistance using the previously named website.
- Details of your visits to www.marshfinance.com including, but not limited to, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purpose or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information sent to us from third parties which you have given permission to in respect of your application.
Examples of the types of data that we can collect are:
- Name and date of Birth.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer application.
We may also receive personal information from third parties, which enables us to contact potential customers, who have expressed interest in our services. Any information/data obtained from third parties is checked for accuracy and we will endeavour to check your information and ensure that permission as given to disclose your details.
Marsh Finance Ltd understands how important your privacy is and we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal data that is obtained from you will be processed and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and with the General Data Protection Rules (GDPR).
The GDPR requires Marsh Finance Ltd and all organisations to maintain records of processing activities and the legal bases for processing such data. Marsh Finance Ltd constantly reviews the data that we hold about you.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
By submitting your information to the www.marshfinance.com you are consenting to the processing of your information by us in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping..
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided..
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes, using the contact details (email address, telephone number and address) you have provided.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information in the following ways:
- Contact you from time to time by email, but only with your express consent, about Vehicle Finance.
- You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted by us for marketing purposes you can unsubscribe from any of the emails we send you;
- to contact you and any person referred to by you in connection with your application or enquiry;
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- to arrange for the provision of car finance requested by you;
- to update our records;
- for audit purposes;
- to carry out customer satisfaction research;
- to prevent or detect fraud;
- to meet our regulatory compliance and recording obligations;
- to ensure that content from www.marshfinance.com is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/device;
to develop and improve our services for you.
Fraud Prevention Agencies and Credit Referencing
We may use both fraud prevention agencies and credit referencing agencies to help make relevant decisions on any credit application you submit.
Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs)
When this type of check is made a footprint will appear on your credit file which can be seen by other lenders. CRAs provide us with shared credit information, fraud prevention information and public information; this information will include the what is held about you on the electoral register.
Information received by CRA’s will be recorded by them.
If the finance agreement is live, the activity and details of management of your account will be passed onto them. In the event that you take out a finance agreement and fail to repay back the full funds required, this will be recorded with the CRA. In this case information may be passed onto other companies by CRA’s to locate and trace you with a view to recovering any outstanding debts. We must warn you that if this does occur then this will remain on your record for six years once a case has been closed by either settlement or default.
Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs)
When we assess your application and it has been approved in principle, we may also check your identity in order to prevent fraud and crime; this includes money laundering. This information will then be used to ascertain whether to offer any future credit that may be available. This is to comply with our regulatory obligations for responsible lending, FPAs and CRAs assist us in fulfilling this.
Further information on fraud prevention agencies can be obtained by contacting DPOfficer@marshfinance.com. This request will then be forwarded to the Data Protection Officer (Compliance Manager).
You may contact any/all of the credit reference agencies directly. If you choose to contact a Credit Reference Agency, please bear in mind that the information held may not be the same so it may be useful to contact all of them.
For further information on how credit reference agencies use your personal information, please visit: https://www.experian.co.uk/legal/crain/
If you have been refused credit you can get advice from your local Trading Standards Department, Citizens Advice Bureau or Consumer Advice Centre and the agencies’ web sites. The Information Commissioner also produces a useful leaflet entitled ‘Credit Explained’. You can obtain a free copy on the Information Commissioner’s website or by telephoning 0870 600 8100.
Inaccurate Information Provided By You
False information given by yourself maybe brought to the attention of the FPA’s or other relevant companies who deal in fraud/crime prevention. The same applies if we or any party we deal with suspect fraud of false or inaccurate information has been supplied. Any reported instances may also be accessed by law enforcement agencies i.e. HM Revenue and Customs, The Department of Work and Pensions, regulatory bodies or the police, for use to prevent any possible fraud and money laundering for the following:
- Recovering debt.
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities.
Checking details of job applicants and employees.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you have opted in to this.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at Marsh Finance Ltd, Crossfield Mill, Crawford Street, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL16 5RS or email us at DPOfficer@marshfinance.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Do We Share Your Information With Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties in the following ways:
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- You confirm you have the consent of any other person whose details are provided by you in connection with your application or enquiry to provide that person’s information to us and for us to use that person’s information for the processing of any application that you may submit as a joint application.
Your information may be passed to credit reference, fraud prevention, law enforcement agencies and identity and address verification agencies. They may record and use your information and disclose it to other organisations for credit reference, debt tracing, fraud and money laundering prevention purposes.
Where We Store Your Information
All information you provide is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, transmissions of information via the internet are not completely secure. Although we will do out best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to www.marshfinance.com; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes either by unsubscribing from any emails you receive or by contacting us by post at Marsh Finance Ltd, Crossfield Mill, Crawford Street, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL16 5RS or by calling us on 01706 648882. Calls to this number are normally charged at a local rate – charges may apply if you call from a mobile telephone.
You also have the right to access the information that we hold on you and request details of the third parties with whom we have shared your information with us contacting us using the details provided in the previous paragraph. We do not charge a fee for this service in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), unless the request is deemed to be unreasonable by the company. In the event that the request is deemed unreasonable, Marsh Finance will inform you of the intent to charge a fee and outline the reasons for this.
All information relevant to you will be released upon request within 30 Days of your request being received.
You may also correct errors in, or update your information, or request that we remove information about you form our records by sending us a request to the postal address provided above or by emailing us at DPofficer@marshfinance.com. In most cases we will comply promptly with your request and let you know when we have done so. However, sometimes we will not be legally obliged to comply with your request. If this is the case, we will inform you of our decision and the reasons for that decision.
To protect your privacy and the security of your information, we are required to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we act on any request which you may make in respect of your information.
In accordance with the GDPR you have the right to request the following:
- right to be informed;
- right to rectification;
- right to data portability;
- right of access;
- right to restrict processing;
- right not to be subject to automated decision making and profiling;
- right to object; and
- right to erasure.
Notification Of Breach
Marsh Finance Ltd will inform you, the Financial Conduct Authority and the Information Commissioners Office at the first sign of a data breach and will comply with all the reporting and times scales that the regulators have in place.
In compliance with the GDPR, we want to make sure we are being completely transparent with you regarding your data and the security of your data. We will contact you by email, letter or phone to inform you of any suspicious activity.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information For
The amount of time we hold your information for depends on the basis it was provided by you to us;
- If you request that we do not contact you for marketing reasons, then we will remove your details from the marketing emails; however, we are still legally required to keep your information.
- Information you may enter via our website will be kept for a maximum of six years which will commence at the end of the relationship. We are required to do this to ensure that if any disputes or complaints are raised, then we have your information to enable us to address the complaints or disputes. Thereafter your information will be removed.
- In order to provide you with a service we will be required to keep your information whilst we continue to provide you with a service for however long this may take us.
- Your data will not be used for marketing purposes where it is not considered reasonable to do so, after the date you have provided consent.
Right To Be Forgotten
You have the right to request for all information to be removed. We will suppress and remove all data held, upon request. We will however, keep the request from you in which you have asked for your information to be removed, so that Marsh Finance Ltd meets its compliance obligations under the GDPR. All other information will be removed in accordance with your right to be forgotten.
Within our company, we have a dedicated Data Protection Officer (Compliance Manager) and you can contact them by email at Dpofficer@marshfinance.com and your details will be passed to the relevant individual. If you have any issues regarding your data being held, you can also contact us by telephone on 01706 648882.
Marsh Finance Ltd may choose to amend the content of this Privacy Notice on occasion. If this occurs then we will update the notice and the revised notice will be posted on this website. Please ensure that you check our Privacy Notice regularly for updates.
The use of your personal data will be explained fully in the event of applying for credit. You must accept these terms before proceeding to a credit application form.